3.30.2008

Playing with Textures



When I realized I had not changed my profile picture since I started this blog, I asked Beto to take some new pictures of me. There is this old railroad bridge I had been wanting to check out for some time - and we finally went!!! It was a blast just the two of us! It was such an eye opening experience for me, because I finally had the chance to be the other side of the lens. Ever since that afternoon my approach to directing my clients has changed. The candid idea is great -- but there has to be some directing involved. Without it you feel awkward and uncomfortable.... direction is a good thing!

This is my favorite image Beto captured that day! I will post the rest later this week. The first image is my original post processed image - the second is a little experiment with textures. It isn't a dramatic difference, but I think it adds some character. If I was interested in having a huge picture of my face on my wall - it think it would make a sweet canvas!

What do you think???

5 comments:

Lyndsay Almeida said...

Lindsey,
I love what you did with the texture. I've been trying to learn to work with textures too, but I can't seem to get it just right-ha! You look beautiful in this shot.
~Lyndsay

Anonymous said...

I wake up and go to bed every single night looking at that face on the wall by my bed. It warms my heart and makes me feel closer to you somehow.

You are beautiful and I have never tired of looking at your face since the first moment I laid eyes on you...well, there were those braces and glasses years, but who's counting those, hehe.

Love You!

Anonymous said...

Foley and I are just amazed by your natural talent in all your photography work. Maybe you can give me some pointers when you're here for Sam and Vero's wedding;)
I know beto took this particular picture but the texture you used really gives it an extra "oomph"; I think you should consider the canvas idea!!
Lissy...from Ca

Anonymous said...

Wow, Lindsey you're so beautiful! Being a fan of textures myself, it's a YES in my book for the canvas.

Alicia said...

I love the red scarf! I always thought that was a great picture of you! Love the ones you took of Whitney too.