3.25.2009

Mexico Part I: 5th Avenue

Finally... finally I'm back to blogging after a few crazy weeks. It all started off on Monday, March 2nd when "the recession" really hit home. I went in to work like any normal Monday and immediately realized something was wrong. Things had been tense around the office -- I'm sure many of you have felt this in your work place as well -- but I had remained optimistic. This morning something was strangely different. Around 9:30 I was informed that it was "black Monday." It was my last day at Korn/Ferry. It was a bittersweet day, I liked my job, my friends, even my boss... but as you know photography is my passion! So, it's official... I'm a full time photographer!!

We started off my new adventure with a week long trip to Mexico. My Mom, Dad, Beto and I had planned this trip during the holidays and it was the perfect time to getaway! We enjoyed 7 nights at Barcelo, an all inclusive resort. The weather was perfect except one rainy day, and the time spent with family will be cherished for years to come. I am so thankful for our week away... our week together!!

For blog part I of our trip I thought I would share a few shots from our trip to 5th Avenue in Playa. Enjoy!

Yum! Who doesn't love a little fresh fruit??

It's a tough decision, but someone had to make it...

Mango and Coconut, dang good, did not disappoint!

Haha, I love this shot! Beto hasn't owned a pair of sunglasses since he was like 13 or something... He finally found a pair that fit! Gotta love some purple Prada's. Notice all of us in the shot? :)

I love all the color!

No explanation needed!!

Resort food isn't exactly the real deal we crave... so we HAD to stop and get tacos. mmmm... pastor, my fav!!

Pretty sure I need to blow this up and hang it in my office! I love the next series using this wall!!




Adding to the collection!

I want to go back!!

Check out facebook for more shots on 5th Aveune!!

7 comments:

Sergio said...

I love your photos, you really captured the color and energy of the place. I'm looking forward to your next installment and I'm glad you're a full-time photographer now :)

Sarah Pead said...

I love it! So colorful! I shot my first wedding about a month ago. Check out my blog to see. I'd love your opinion. :)

Anonymous said...

Makes me want to go back today! The trip was far better than I had hoped and you and Beto made it perfect. Dad and I talk about it every day.

Thanks for making our 30th one to always remember. We love you!

Lyndsay Almeida said...

lindsey,

i'm sorry/happy for you that you lost your job. you must be so excited about pursuing photography fulltime, but it's still a yucky feeling to be "let go".

your pictures from Mexico are amazing though, and i'm guessing the trip made you forget all about the j-o-b thing!!! Can't wait to see what else you post.

ps-i just love that shot of Beto and your mom together. so sweet!

racheljenae said...

i think somebody got a new lens??? am i wrong? awesome pics! looks like you guys had a blast!

Emily said...

You are speaking my language with these shots! Very nice work indeed. I feel like I'm right there on the street buying that mango and that coconut! I can smell the lime. Ah!

I love that Wall shot, too. Can't wait for more pictures!

By the way, am I the only one who things Beto's new sunglasses make him look like TIO Beto?

Alicia said...

LOVE the pics! the colors are amazing. looks like fun!